The following shall be classified as prohibited acts and “Gam-jeom” shall be declared:
- Cross the boundary line.
- Falling down or anything other than the feet touching the mat.
- Avoiding or delaying the match.
- Grabbing or pulling the chest guard. Hands should stay in front of the chest guard.
- Striking the opponent with hand or foot to the head.
- Lifting the leg to block and/or kick the opponent’s leg to impede the opponent’s kicking attack, or lifting a leg to kicking in the air for more than three seconds to impede the opponent’s potential attacking movements, or aiming a kick below the waist.
- Kicking below the waist.
- Attacking the opponent after “Kal-yeo”.
- Hitting the opponent’s head with the hand.
- Butting or attacking with the knee.
- Attacking a fallen opponent.
The following shall be considered misconduct of contestant or coach:
- Not complying with the referee’s command or decision.
- Inappropriate protesting of official’s decisions.
- Inappropriate attempts to disturb or influence the outcome of the match.
- Provoking or insulting the opposing contestant or coach.
- Any other severe misconduct or unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of the contestant or coach.